2019 Fulton County Tourism Commission Grant ApplicationDownload Fulton Tourism Grant Applications
Fulton County Tourism Commission Grant Guidelines and Details
Application can be obtained on the website and submitted electronically. The applications must be printed and mailed/turned in if it cannot be turned in electronically. Please mail applications to the PO Box provided or drop them off at the physical address noted.
Fulton County Tourism Commission (FCTC) has allocated funding for the marketing of events, use of promotional opportunities, and/or use of website development that will foster positive tourism potential for Fulton County. These funds are to assist qualified organizations with the promotion of tourism activities striving to directly increase hotel/motel occupancy and create positive publicity for Fulton County.
Applicants must be organizations seeking to produce and promote a well-defined tourism-oriented festival, event, activity, or website. The Tourism Commission retains the right to determine the definition of above based on guidance from the Indiana State Tourism office as our model.
Grant funds will be distributed as follows:
- As a reimbursement - no funds will be released until proper proof of charges are submitted.
Timetable & Evaluation Procedure:
There are two application deadlines to assist in meeting the needs of our organizations and to be as flexible and open to new opportunities as they arise. The first deadline for the year will be March 1st. This deadline is for activities occurring from March 1st of the year to August 31st.The second deadline is September 1st. This deadline is for activities scheduled from September 1st to February 28th/29th. Dates of the marketing activity will be considered in the evaluation criteria when applications are scored. See criteria section for details. Application packets are available online at www.County25.com and at the Fulton County Chamber of Commerce office:
822 Main Street
Rochester, IN 46975
FCTC will accept and evaluate completed applications submitted by March 1st and September 1st of each year. Each individual organization can qualify for a maximum award of $1,000. Each application will receive funding based on the application criteria contained in this packet thus applications may score for a smaller amount based on score received. The amount of money available each year for grants fluctuates based on multiple factors including increase/decrease in hotel stays in Fulton County.
Applications will be reviewed for completeness or missing information by the FCTC immediately after they are turned in. FCTC will contact those organizations with incomplete applications requesting appropriate information to complete them. A complete application does not guarantee funding. An incomplete application can result in point reduction.
Once the final decision on funding is determined, applicants will be notified. Successful applicants will receive letters with funding levels noting scored received, items that were approved for funding, as well as more information on invoicing, reimbursement, and reporting.
Grant Guidelines and Requirements:
- The maximum funding level for any one application is $1,000. FCTC reserves the right to offer partial funding to any applicants.
- An organization may submit more than one application, but multiple applications for the same activity may not be submitted. Each application will be evaluated independently, based on grant criteria.
- All activities must be held within Fulton County.
- All activities must show the potential to generate overnight hotel stays. Applications will be assessed by considering the following:
- The activity has had the ability to attract overnight visitors during previous years.
- The activity can draw visitors from outside Fulton County.
- The activity has had the ability to grow, with funding support, over two or more years.
- The activity can project a positive image of Fulton County through media activities and advertising efforts.
- No activity may have as its primary purpose be the promotion of a specific candidate, political party, religious activity, or platform.
- No activity-related marketing efforts may promote lodging facilities located outside Fulton County or national organizations except for events held in Fulton County.
- Activities must be open to the public, not exclusive regarding attendance and accessible to all individuals including individuals who are handicapped.
- A post-activity summary is mandatory after funded activity. Report form can be picked up with application. Failure to submit the summary may affect funding of future applications. The summary is due within one month after the event date. Summary should include:
- Estimated attendance. Describe method used to estimate attendance.
- Summary of advertising placed to promote the activity. Include all places, trade, and in-kind advertising.
- General assessment of the activity, which addresses the activity’s success and any concerns or recommendations for changes.
- If for reasons beyond your control, you are unable to complete the project for which your original application was submitted, or if the activity dates change to outside calendar year, please contact the Fulton County Tourism Commission for further instructions.
- If applicant cannot complete the approved project for which funds have been allocated, FCTC must be notified immediately. Failure to complete a project as submitted in the approved application may have an impact on future funding decisions and allocations.
- FCTC must be given recognition as an activity sponsor based on the level of funding. Separately, the FCTC website must be linked on the homepage of any activity or funded organizations website. FCTC will provide their logo and website address (if needed) to all funded applicants in the appropriate format.
- FCTC reserves the right to disqualify any applicant or application for any reason.
- FCTC can assist applicants to establish a promotional program which can be projected to maximize both the effect of the grant funds upon the applicant's intended outcome and the larger focus of the FCTC mission.
Eligible Expenditures for Reimbursement:
- Advertising focused outside Fulton County to fulfill tourism definition. Applications must be specific on media, publicity and/or publication dates, size and number of ads to be placed. Media based in Fulton County but with a regional reach and audience is acceptable.
- Production of promotional pieces to be distributed inside/outside Fulton County. This includes brochures, posters, direct mail pieces, etc. Applications must be specific on methods of distribution, production costs or any other expenses funded by the grant.
- Event programs and other promotional material that can be placed at lodging establishments throughout Fulton County in hopes of enhancing the visitor experience by making hotel guests aware of the funded event.
- Event website development.
- Enhancements to an activity or attraction which will result in a more visitor-friendly experience and drive attendance. Interpretive and wayfinding signage are some examples of such potential projects.
Please review and answer these questions as you develop your application (maximum point values are shown for your information):
A total of 100 points are possible and a minimum of 50 points are required to be eligible for funding, FCTC reserves the right to offer partial funding to any applicants. Receiving a 100-point score does not automatically guarantee granted funds.
- Describe your activity clearly and concisely. Your description should include name and purpose of activity, dates, location, target audience, whether this is a new or repeat activity, length of the activity, and market origin of attendees (use previous research if available). up to 10 points
- Describe the specific marketing plan within the activity for which grant funds have been requested. up to 10 points
- This program's primary mission is to increase tourism and generate overnight stays in Fulton County. Please explain how your project will:
- Generate overnight stays. up to 20 points
- Draw more people from outside the local market or attract a new visitor audience. Up to 10 points
- Increase retail, food, and beverage expenditures in Fulton County. Up to 10 points
- Generate press coverage for the event. Up to 5 points
- Increase event attendance. Up to 5 points
- If the activity is held on a date when the county occupancy is already high, describe how the activity will extend visitor stays. Explain efforts to move the activity to a lower occupancy date or explain why such a move is not feasible. up to 5 points
- Attach your sponsorship solicitation packet and describe what steps you have taken to secure additional funding for your activity. up to 10 points
- Not-for-Profit organizations are encouraged to apply. The organization must attach not-for-profit status to
application to receive points. 5 points if applicable
Up to an additional 10 points will be awarded on the quality of the overall application (completeness, details, marketing plan, budget, quality of event, etc. will be considered).